Students who have a disability that affects housing needs should register with the Office of Student Accessibility to explore reasonable and appropriate accommodations. It is recommended that students be attentive to the deadlines posted by the Housing & Residence Life office for requesting accommodations. Note that housing accommodations are based on availability.
Documentation regarding housing accommodations should include the information found on the Housing Accommodation Disability Verification Form.
For more information and questions, please see: Housing Accommodation Requests Policies and FAQs
Please complete your accommodation proccess with the Office of Student Accessibility (email@example.com) by the following deadlines:
Fall admits: June 1
Spring admits: December 5
Fall returners: February 1 – Renewals for currently approved housing accommodations and returning students with new requests must be submitted to the Office of Student Accessibility and HRL. The Housing and Residence Life office in connection with the Office of Student Accessibility will contact students who have previously been approved for housing accommodations during the spring semester to confirm renewal of accommodations for the upcoming academic school year.
Spring returners: November 1 - Students returning from study abroad programs and students returning from fall temporary withdrawals. Students residing on-campus for the fall do not need to resubmit documentation for the spring.
- Late requests will not be considered until after the housing assignment process is complete.
- If a student requested reasonable accommodation but turns down the opportunity to live in a space that meets their approved need, the student must participate in the regular housing selection process.
- Any new requests from the student must be reviewed by the Office of Student Accessibility.
- Malibu meal plan accommodations can only be made within the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters. There are no exceptions to this deadline. Any approved requests made after the first two weeks will be implemented the following semester.
- Meal plan accommodations for IP locations should be discussed with the appropriate program director and OSA prior to application and immediately upon acceptance to the program.