Note-taking is an important accommodation provided by Pepperdine University. Students in a class can provide access to notes for class lectures to students with this accommodation.
Students Requesting Notes
Submit a Semester Request letting OSA know the classes for which you are requesting notetakers.
You will access your notes through Wavenet. The notes are available as soon as the notetaker uploads them. It is your responsibility to contact the Office of Student Accessibility if you are not receiving notes in a timely manner.
Notetaker recruiting and hiring will begin upon receipt of Semester Request. Please note that the process can take up to two weeks. Notetaker specific questions may be sent to the Notetaker Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When an OSA student completes a Semester Request regarding notetakers and indicates a class/es in which the student would like a notetaker, the following process will take place:
- OSA will reach out to all students in the specific class/es to seek a student with
a sufficient GPA (3.0 for Seaver College) who is willing to be contracted to share
the course notes.
- Initial recruitment attempt: within 3 business days of receipt of the Semester Request, but no earlier two weeks before the class begins.
- Second recruitment attempt: after 3 business days.
- If OSA is not successful in securing a contracted notetaker 2 business days after
the second recruitment email to the class, OSA will reach out to the professor for:
- Professor's recommendation of a notetaker
- Professor's powerpoints or class notes
- If, within 3 business days of reaching out to the Professor, there are no notes secured (from a student in the class or the Professor), OSA will hire a notetaker specialist through Student Employment.
How to Access Notes
Please note that students cannot access notes unless a note taker has been assigned to their class and the have met the following requirements:
- Student is approved for the use of a class note taker
- Student has completed a Semester Request for the current term with the requested class included
- Log in to Wavenet
- Navigate to the Resources tab
- Choose Accommodate Student
- Accommodations Home Page will appear where students should select the Note-Taker Network on the left hand side navigation
- A complete list of uploaded notes will appear
- Students may sort the notes using the box on the right-hand side of the page
- It is best to type in the class code (e.g. COM 300) and the section number should appear in a drop down menu
- Students may also need to use the Next button on the right-hand side to navigate to additional pages of notes
Students who are Note-takers
Students who are interested in serving as a note-taker should wait to receive a recruitment email from Student Accessibility regarding the need for a note-taker in a specific class.
For those who have been hired as a note-taker, see information below for guides to the note taking as well as the hiring process. Please direct specific questions to: email@example.com.