Veterans Groups on Campus
Student Veteran Groups and Contact Information
SEAVER: Pepperdine Student Veterans Organization (SVO)
The Pepperdine Student Veterans Organization (PSVO) assists veterans of The Armed Forces in transitioning to a college and civilian environment by providing a supportive opportunity to join together, build camaraderie, and aid in the exploration of future endeavors.
- Asa Miller (619) 929-9180
- The Peppervine: https://pepperdine.collegiatelink.net/organization/SVO
SCHOOL OF LAW: Veterans Legal Society
Our student-veterans are more than happy to speak with prospective students about their decision-making process and any veteran-specific matters.
Graziadio Veterans Business Society- GVBS
The Graziadio School of Business and Management has formed the Graziadio Veteran's Business Society (GVBS) which supports military veterans through outreach, camaraderie, mentoring, and networking to enhance veteran success in graduate business studies in order to promote the Graziadio School of Business and Management throughout the military community.
Luis Murillo- firstname.lastname@example.org
Graziadio Veterans Business Society- GVBS
Pepperdine Committee on Student Veterans (PCSV)
In August 2013 the Pepperdine Committee on Student Veterans was established in order to coordinate services for veterans and to provide a centralized point of contact for those at Pepperdine working with veterans in various ways. The committee is composed of 20 students, staff, and faculty members from the five schools of Pepperdine. Eight of the members of the committee are veterans.
- Dan Caldwell, Seaver Professor; Veteran, PCSV Chair
- Jeff Baker, SOL, Director, Clinical Education and the Wood-Claeyssens Foundation Veterans Project at Pepperdine
- April Brickell, GSBM Recruitment Manager for Full-Time Programs
- Rick Carroll, Support Services, Facilities Management; Veteran, American Legion
- Jessica Cheng, Director, GSBM Career Management Center
- Michael Folkerts, Seaver Professor; Researcher on Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Allessondra Goble, Director, Seaver Transfer Admissions
- Andrea Harris, Senior Director, Student Administrative Services/Academic Advising
- Sandra Harrison, Director, Office of Student Accessibility
- Richard Herko, GSBM Professor; Veteran
- Michael Hom, SOL, Assistant Dean for Career Development; Veteran
- Sheila King, Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Hung Le, Registrar; Ahmanson Veterans Scholarship Initiative
- Bonifacio Lomeli, SOL Student-Veterans Organization President; Veteran
- Tomas Martinez, Seaver and GSEP Professor, Mental Health Therapist
- Travis McAllister, GSBM Recruitment Manager, Full-Time Programs
- Asa Miller, President, Seaver Student Veterans Club; Veteran
- Luis Murillo, President, Graziadio Veterans Business Society; Veteran
- Kenneth B. Murphy, Director, GSBM Career Counseling; Veteran
- Bryan Reeder, Associate Registrar (working with student veterans)
- Stacy Rothberg, Seaver Associate Dean of Students
- Lucas Saucedo, Seaver OneStop, Registrar's Office
- Robert Shearer, Seaver Business Professor; Veteran
- Sara Turki, Registrar's Office (working on veterans' certification)
- Desiree Williams, SBM, Corporate Account Executive
- Jeffrey Williams, Counseling Center
- Jennifer Wilson, Senior Associate Director, Seaver Financial Assistance Office
- Pepperdine Committee on Student Veterans established to serve as a university-wide point of contact for those student, staff, and faculty members concerned and involved with student veterans.
- Arranged for a meeting of all incoming Seaver student veterans during orientation to meet with the veterans coordinator at Pepperdine, the Registrar and coordinator of the Ahmanson Foundation Veterans Initiative, founder of the Seaver College veterans organization, and PCSV Chairperson.
- Provided early registration privileges for all veterans; the Seaver administration implemented this for the second semester of 2013-14.
- Student veterans' organizations chartered under the leadership of Seaver Veteran Jessica Egan and Law School Veteran Joseph Cardosi.
- A comprehensive list of faculty and staff veterans compiled.
- The president of Pepperdine hosted a first-ever reception and dinner for all Pepperdine student, staff, faculty veterans and their spouses.
- Annual get-together of all Pepperdine student, faculty, and staff veterans held on Veterans' Day.
- A weekly veterans convocation was established; led by Pepperdine Veterans Matthew McCay and John Watson.
- Cooperated with and supported the showing of a documentary, "Unsung Heroes," on the role of women in the U.S. military from the Revolutionary War to the present.
For further information about the committee and its activities, contact the chairperson of the committee Professor Dan Caldwell via email or phone: (310) 506-4573.