Veterans Groups on Campus
Student Veteran Groups and Contact Information
SEAVER: Pepperdine Student Veterans Organization (SVO)
The Pepperdine Student Veterans Organization (PSVO) assists veterans of The Armed Forces in transitioning to a college and civilian environment by providing a supportive opportunity to join together, build camaraderie, and aid in the exploration of future endeavors.
- Asa Miller (619) 929-9180
- The Peppervine: https://pepperdine.collegiatelink.net/organization/SVO
SCHOOL OF LAW: Veterans Legal Society
Our student-veterans are more than happy to speak with prospective students about their decision-making process and any veteran-specific matters.
Graziadio Veterans Business Society- GVBS
The Graziadio School of Business and Management has formed the Graziadio Veteran's Business Society (GVBS) which supports military veterans through outreach, camaraderie, mentoring, and networking to enhance veteran success in graduate business studies in order to promote the Graziadio School of Business and Management throughout the military community.
Luis Murillo- email@example.com
Graziadio Veterans Business Society- GVBS
Pepperdine Committee on Student Veterans (PCSV)
In August 2013, the Pepperdine Committee on Student Veterans was established in order to coordinate services for veterans and to provide a centralized point of contact for those at Pepperdine working with veterans in various ways. The committee is composed of twenty students, staff, and faculty members from the five schools of Pepperdine. Eight of the members of the committee are veterans.
- Dan Caldwell, Seaver Professor; Veteran, PCSV Chair
- Jeff Baker, School of Law, Director of Clinical Education and Wood-Claeyssens Foundation Veterans Project at Pepperdine
- Rick Carroll, Support Services, Facilities Management; Veteran; American Legion
- Stephanie Chapman, Seaver, Undergraduate Admissions Counselor for Transfers
- Ann Ching, School of Law, Professor, Veteran
- Marissa Davis, School of Public Policy, Student Services Assistant
- Jessica Egan, Seaver Student Veteran; Pepperdine Student Veterans Organization
- Michael Folkerts, Seaver Professor; Researcher on Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Andrea Harris, Senior Director Student Administrative Services-Academic Advising
- Sandra Harrison, Director of Office of Student Accessibility
- Michael Hom, School of Law, Assistant Dean for Career Development, Veteran
- Connie Horton, Director, Counseling Center
- Sheila King, Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Hung Le, Registrar; Ahmanson Veterans Scholarship Initiative
- Tomas Martinez, Seaver Professor
- Matthew McCay, Graduate Student in Religion, intern in the Convocation Office, Veteran
- Erik Nelson, Counseling Center with experience helping veterans
- Bryan Reeder, Associate Registrar, working with student veterans
- Stacy Rothberg, Seaver Associate Dean of Students
- Scott Sasser, Veteran; Veterans Legal Society
- Jeri-Elayne Goosby Smith, Seaver Professor; Researcher on Veterans Issues
- Sara Turki, Associate Registrar and VA coordinator, working on veterans' certification
- Desiree Williams, Graziadio, Corporate Account Executive
- Jennifer Wilson, Senior Associate Director, Seaver Financial Assistance Office
- Pepperdine Committee on Student Veterans established to serve as a university-wide point of contact for those student, staff, and faculty members concerned and involved with student veterans.
- Arranged for a meeting of all incoming Seaver student veterans during orientation to meet with the veterans coordinator at Pepperdine, the Registrar and coordinator of the Ahmanson Foundation Veterans Initiative, founder of the Seaver College veterans organization, and PCSV Chairperson.
- Provided early registration privileges for all veterans; the Seaver administration implemented this for the second semester of 2013-14.
- Student veterans' organizations chartered under the leadership of Seaver Veteran Jessica Egan and Law School Veteran Joseph Cardosi.
- A comprehensive list of faculty and staff veterans compiled.
- The president of Pepperdine hosted a first-ever reception and dinner for all Pepperdine student, staff, faculty veterans and their spouses.
- Annual get-together of all Pepperdine student, faculty, and staff veterans held on Veterans' Day.
- A weekly veterans convocation was established; led by Pepperdine Veterans Matthew McCay and John Watson.
- Cooperated with and supported the showing of a documentary, "Unsung Heroes," on the role of women in the U.S. military from the Revolutionary War to the present.
For further information about the committee and its activities, contact the chairperson of the committee Professor Dan Caldwell via email or phone: (310) 506-4573.