Facebook pixel How to Apply | Veteran Affairs | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

How to Apply

For New GI Bill® Recipients

If the student is a veteran, dependent and/or survivor of a veteran, and has never used the VA educational benefits before, he or she must first apply for benefits online.


For Current GI Bill® Recipients Changing Schools or Programs

If a returning student wishes to change their program or place of training and has used the VA educational benefit before, they must complete Form 22-1995. (Every time a veteran changes programs or schools they must fill out this form.)


Yellow Ribbon Program

Pepperdine proudly participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, awarding students up to half the tuition not covered by the standard per unit benefit. The VA then matches the amount contributed by Pepperdine. In other words, eligible students have tuition completely covered through this program. In order to receive Yellow Ribbon funds, you must be 100 percent eligible under chapter 33 of the GI Bill®. After you have submitted your application to use the Post-9/11 GI Bill® to the VA, they will send you a new certificate of eligibility (COE) indicating whether you are 100 percent eligible, and thus, eligible to apply for Yellow Ribbon. You must submit your new certificate of eligibility with this application.


Information and Standards of Progress

Veterans, military service personnel, and their qualified dependents intending to use VA benefits should contact the Office of the University Registrar and be aware of the following policies:

  • It is the student's responsibility to immediately notify the Office of the University Registrar when increasing or decreasing unit load, withdrawing, or taking a leave of absence.
  • Appropriate credit for previous education will be granted.
  • All students using VA benefits must make satisfactory progress toward their educational objectives. In general, unsatisfactory progress for veterans benefits is considered attainment of less than a 2.0 grade point average for two consecutive terms (3.0 for graduate students). Students who withdraw from the University may have their benefits terminated as of the beginning of the term of withdrawal. If a student is dismissed for academic reasons, benefits will be terminated as of the date of dismissal. Students who have had their benefits terminated in this manner must be counseled by the Veterans Administration before their benefits will be restored. Students who fail to complete all courses attempted in a term will have their benefits adjusted.
  • Students who withdraw from a course (or courses) in the middle of the term will have their benefits adjusted except in extenuating circumstances. In cases in which students do not return for the next term, benefits will be terminated on the ending date of the previous term.


Enrollment Status Certification

The Office of the Registrar processes enrollment status certification of VA students prior to the beginning of each term.

  • Subsequent updates or changes in statuses are done on a monthly basis.
  • For further information and assistance, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs or call their toll-free number at 1.888.GI. BILL 1 (1.888.442.4551). VA staff members are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Pepperdine Admission Inquiries

Seaver College:

Caruso School of Law: lawadmis@pepperdine.edu

Graziadio Business School:

Pepperdine Graduate School of Education & Psychology: gsep-admissions@pepperdine.edu

School of Public Policy: sppadmissions@pepperdine.edu


Pepperdine VA Benefits/School Certifying Official Contacts

Office of the Registrar
Pepperdine University
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263-7999




The Department of Veterans Affairs is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call their toll-free number at 888.GI.BILL.1 (888.442.4551).

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.