The Department of Public Safety is committed to provide and maintain a safe and secure environment while respecting the rights and dignity of individuals utilizing programs and facilities of Pepperdine University. The mission shall be accomplished within the constraints of federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
The Department of Public Safety will excel in Community-oriented Public Safety. Our Department strives to develop public awareness, support and involvement in our Community-oriented Public Safety efforts.
In addition to the standards of Living Pepperdine, the Department of Public Safety is fully committed to:
- Provide high quality public service
- Maintain peace and harmony within its community
- Treat people with respect and sensitivity
- Perform its duties without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, or differing abilities
- Maintain its position as an integral part of the University community; a department that is widely respected and trusted.
The director, deputy directors, lieutenants, investigators, field supervisors and public safety officers all routinely receive ongoing scheduled training, including: CPR/first aid, fire and police response. Officers also have opportunities for additional training related to specific, individually assigned responsibilities. Public Safety personnel have the authority to arrest in some circumstances and to detain individuals until local law enforcement arrives. The Department of Public Safety has an ongoing, working relationship with local law enforcement agencies in providing updated information, joint investigations, and training.
Alumni Park & Various Athletic Facility Area Rules