Malibu Campus Vehicle Permits
§ 3.00.00 Vehicle Registration
§ 3.01.00 All vehicles on campus, including motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds, must be properly registered with Pepperdine University and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Compliance with the registration process includes: the proper display of a campus parking permit, possession of a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and current DMV registration tags on the vehicle.
§ 3.02.00 University registration may be completed at pepperdine.thepermitstore.com or by coming to the Public Safety office during regular business hours. Registration requires an email address, vehicle information, and a mailing address. Currently, there is no charge for on campus vehicle registration.
To order a parking permit, have your vehicle information ready and follow these instructions:
- In the "BUY PERMITS" section, click where it indicates "Click Here."
- Enter your last name and Campus Wide ID Number where prompted (The 8 digit CWID number may be located on the front or back of your Pepperdine ID Card and also when you log into Wavenet).
- Choose the permit you would like to acquire and click "Add Item." If you do not know what permit you should select, please contact the Department of Public Safety at extension x4700 for assistance.
- Review your order and if everything is correct, click "Proceed to Checkout." If you'd like to add another permit to your order, click "Add More Permits."
- If you've never registered before, click "Create New Account."
- Enter all required personal information and click "Create Account."
- Under the "Permit Information" section, click the drop down menu and select "Add New Vehicle."
- Enter your vehicle information (Please note: the VIN number is only required if license plate data is unavailable).
- Click "Add."
- Under "Additional information is required for your purchase," enter your last name and your Campus Wide ID Number. Students will enter their CWID numbers twice. Faculty/Staff will not enter their CWID in the designation marked "Campus Wide ID Number (Students Only)."
- Click "Continue."
- Under "Delivery Options," if you would like to choose a different address to send your permit, click "Additional Address," and fill out the address information. Otherwise, click "Continue."
- Read the "Terms and Conditions" and click "I agree."
- The following screen will provide you with an order number. You may print this for your records. You will also receive an email confirmation when your order has been approved and shipped.
- Once approved, you will be able to print out a temporary permit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Department of Public Safety at 310.506.4700.
*Please note: We are currently out of Commuter and Faculty/Staff B permits for over the counter sales at the Public Safety office. You can still register your vehicle to receive your permit online.