- At Malibu and all other locations: call 911. Then call the Department of Public Safety at 310.506.4441.
- Give your name, location, and telephone number. Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so. Advise the dispatcher of the situation and remain where you are until contacted by an officer.
- Do not attempt to apprehend, or interfere with, the criminal except for self-protection.
- If safe to do so, stop and take time to get a good description of the criminal. Note height, weight, sex, race, approximate age, clothing, method and direction of travel, and his/her name if known. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license plate number, make and model, color, and outstanding characteristics. all of this takes only a few seconds and is of the utmost help to the investigating officers.
- In the event of a civil disturbance, continue inasmuch a possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from the doors and windows.
- Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with authorities on the scene.
- Anonymous Tip Line Leave any crime tip as to who, what, why, when, and or where? You need not leave your name or how you came across the information. The crime tip line is completely anonymous. For the Tip Hotline please call 310.506.7634 or ext. 7634. You may also send a confidential email message to the Director of Public Safety, Dawn Emrich.
Thank you for taking an active role in keeping your campus crime-free.