The OIE's educational research endeavors provide metrics for benchmarking, institutional reports, and research projects. Through Pepperdine's participation in several National Surveys, OIE is able to indirectly measure student success and satisfaction. OIE also partners with Pepperdine's undergraduate and graduate programs to collect additional indirect survey data. In addition, OIE administers its own surveys and conducts Research Projects. Survey Results are available to the Pepperdine community members only.
- Summer 2018, OIE Incoming Freshman Survey
- Fall 2018, OIE Student Success Survey
- Fall 2018, Food Access & Resource (FARE) Survey
- Spring 2019, National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Spring 2019, Graziadio & OIE Business School Survey
- Spring 2019, GSEP Noel-Levitz Adult Student Priorities Survey
- Spring 2019, Pepperdine Law Annual Survey
- Spring 2019, OIE FACT Project Survey
- Spring 2019, OIE Alumni Survey
Note—modifications to the above schedule may occur during the academic year.
Surveys administered by OIE are confidential (not anonymous). "Confidential" indicates that survey participants are identifiable to the investigator, usually through a code or ID number. Anonymous means that no identifiers are collected and that the participants cannot be discerned by the investigator. Although, in theory it is possible to identify a participant, OIE keeps all data completely confidential and does not provide any information or reports that could compromise participants' privacy. In addition, all OIE surveys are submitted to Pepperdine's Institutional Review Board (IRB) to further protect participants' privacy (see Data Stewardship for more information on how OIE handles survey data).