The OIE's educational research endeavors provide metrics for benchmarking, institutional
reports, and research projects.
- >35,000Students surveyed since 2010
- >2,500Faculty surveyed since 2004
- >5,500Alumni surveyed since 2015
- OIE Student Success Survey
- Food Access and Resource (FARE) Survey
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Business School Annual Survey
- Caruso School of Law Annual Survey
- OIE Alumni Survey
- OIE Incoming Student Survey
Most surveys administered by the OIE are confidential (not anonymous). "Confidential" indicates that survey participants are identifiable to the investigator, usually through a code or ID number. Anonymous means that no identifiers are collected and that the participants cannot be discerned by the investigator. Although, in theory it is possible to identify a participant, the OIE keeps all data completely confidential and does not provide any information or reports that could compromise participants' privacy. In addition, all OIE surveys are submitted to Pepperdine's Institutional Review Board (see Data Stewardship for more information on how the OIE handles survey data).