OIE Mission Statement
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports the University's mission, values, and core commitments by providing institutional research and leadership in the areas of accreditation and assessment.
Assessment and accreditation provide data and quality assurance about how the University meets its mission to educate students for lives of purpose, service, and leadership. Institutional Research (IR) is a process of collecting, analyzing, and reporting on information about the institution in order to make data-informed decisions and meet federal and accrediting mandates (WSCUC). Educational Research (ER) involves examining, investigating, and disseminating research findings as related to student success, institutional learning outcomes, and higher education constructs. The overarching goal of OIE is to ensure educational quality and data integrity with a focus on student success and student learning.
The following summarizes how the mission will be achieved.
- Collect, analyze, and distribute educational research.
- Coordinate a comprehensive system of program reviews that contribute to the mission of the University and all five schools including non-academic programs.
- Provide guidance and data support for assessment cycles, institutional learning outcomes, and program learning outcomes.
- Oversee University compliance with the WSCUC standards; lead, guide, and facilitate the process of reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Provide data to support University decision-making, including closing the loop and resource allocation.