OIE Mission Statement
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports the University's mission, values, and core commitments by providing institutional research and leadership in the areas of accreditation and assessment.
Assessment and accreditation provide data and quality assurance about how the University meets its mission to educate students for lives of purpose, service, and leadership. Institutional Research (IR) is a process of collecting, analyzing, and reporting on information about the institution in order to make data informed decisions and meet federal and accrediting mandates (WSCUC). Educational Research (ER) involves examining, investigating, and disseminating research findings as related to student success, institutional learning outcomes, and higher education constructs. The overarching goal of OIE is to ensure educational quality and data integrity with a focus on student success and student learning.
The mission will be achieved through:
- Collecting, analyzing, and distributing high quality research.
- Coordinating a comprehensive system of Program Reviews that contribute to the mission and strategic goals of the University and all five schools.
- Providing guidance and data support for the University assessment cycle, Institutional Learning Outcomes, and learning outcomes.
- Consulting with departments, programs, and schools from start to finish on research projects to ensure legitimacy and rigor of data.
- Guiding and facilitating the process of reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Closing the assessment loop by facilitating the use of research to make informed resource allocation and policy decisions.