Mission, Strategic Goals and Plan
The mission of the Office of International Student Services (OISS) is to provide support to international students by advising, orienting, and advocating for international students at Pepperdine University, as well as ensure regulatory compliance with the U.S. government. Additionally, the OISS will actively contribute to Pepperdine's Strategic Goals by attracting and supporting an increasingly diverse student body, while building a meaningful and engaged global community consistent with being a premier global university.
OISS Strategic Goals
- Goal 1: Expand the University's reach as a premier global Christian university through the development of international partnerships and collaborations, as well as through engagement of international students and alumni.
- Goal 2: Enhance the quality and diversity of the Seaver College community by strategically recruiting and enrolling an increasingly diverse student body who complement our unique mission and academic profile.
- Goal 3: Strengthen and streamline internal processes to improve University effectiveness related to university level international student enrollment, immigration, and services across Pepperdine schools and campuses; Enhance organizational effectiveness through staffing, planning and development.
- Goal 4: Provide the highest levels of knowledge and expertise in advising, immigration services, and programming for international students; Improve student success through mindful advising and advocacy of international students and TCKs with campus partners, including faculty and staff, the International Students Advisory Council; and University administration.
- Goal 5: Encourage a more globally engaged and collaborative campus community by developing and nurturing strategic institutional partnerships and collaborative goals for better serving international students, promoting engaged alumni, and improving student success.
OISS Strategic Plan Overview
Review; Build Campus Partners for Improved International Student Success; Benchmark Best Practices International Student Services
Internationalize Seaver Admissions; Launch University-Wide International Students Advisory Council (ISAC)
Address Audit Responses: Standardize Data Elements in PS; All University Admissions Applications; Vision Cast Integrated International Student Services
Catalyze international student success & services efforts; Automate immigration services through SUNAPSIS
Integrated International Student Success & Services: OISS/Student Affairs; OISS/EM; OISS/ISAC; Continue to Automate Immigration Services; Launch International Student Ambassador Program (ISAP)