Facebook pixel FAQs: Beyond OPT | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

FAQs: Beyond OPT

  How can graduates get a copy of transcripts or a Degree Verification?

Please follow the instructions on the Registrar's website.

  What are the options to stay after the end of the program of study?

Go to USCIS.gov to explore your options.

   What is the H1B cap-gap?

A cap-gap extension extends an eligible F-1 student's status to bridge the gap between the end of OPT (i.e. F-1 status) and the beginning of H-1B status. Students can continue to work in the US during the cap-gap.

  Does the OISS keep copies of the I-20s?

The OISS does not retain copies of previous I-20s. It is the student's responsibility to retain (digital and physical) copies of all past immigration documents.

  How do students get involved with Alumni?

Please reach out to Pepperdine Alumni Affairs to get involved as an alumnus.