Facebook pixel Procedure for Graduate Students | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

Procedure for Graduate Students

A graduate student who is enrolled in a program that requires or approves participation in an internship, practicum or externship must request permission to participate in CPT by submitting the following documents to the OISS prior to starting the CPT:

1. A CPT Request form 
2. A letter from the company or organization providing the CPT position

If your CPT is a paid position, you will be issued a new Form I-20 so that you may present it to your employer as evidence of employment authorization, as well as apply for a U.S. Social Security Number. Visit the Social Security Administration's website for instructions on how to apply.