Facebook pixel Applying as an International Non Degree | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

Applying as an International Non Degree


Pepperdine University currently does not offer exchange programs.  Students, under certain circumstances, are able to apply as non-degree applicants. Non-degree status provides the opportunity for students to take courses or special programs for credit without formal admission or matriculation into the University.


Students may apply for enrollment under non-degree status if they do not pursue a degree but intend to have credits received from the University transferred elsewhere, or desire to take courses for personal enrichment only.


Non Degree students are not eligible for financial aid or scholarships. 


Types of Non Degree

Traditional Non Degree 

Description: A student seeking to take courses for personal enrichment or for transfer to another university. Must be a high school graduate prior to the start of the term requested


Description: Students may audit certain classes, space permitting, with the consent of the instructor. An audited course does not appear on the student's academic record, units are not earned, and no grade is assigned. Please note that students who audit classes are not eligible to participate in non-class related activities and university services.


Who is Eligible

Visa Category Undergraduate(Seaver) Audit Undergraduate(Seaver) Non-Degree Graduate & BSM Audit Graduate & BSM Non Degree

Students currently attending another institution and are not requesting a Pepperdine I-20





Students who plan to enter the US or are presently in the US on another (not F-1) nonimmigrant visa status and are not requesting a Pepperdine Form I-20. 

Not Available for (B1/B2, WB, or WT)


Not Available for (B1/B2, WB, or WT)


Seeking an F-1 visa or status.

Not Available: F-1 students must be enrolled in a full course of study

Eligible for these programs: 

Nutritional Science Certificate Program 

Teacher Education Program

LPCC courses 

Not Available: F-1 students must be enrolled in a full course of study

Eligible for these programs: 

GSBM Global Exchange Program 

GSBM Non Degree Certificate Programs 

School of Law Exchange Program 

Other Information

  • Admission for non-degree work is for one term only.
  • Admission decisions for the non-degree program will be sent out on a rolling basis, as files complete.
  • Non-Degree students may not register until the first day of classes thereby selecting from the classes which remain open after the fully enrolled students have registered. Non-degree students may not advance register.
  • Non-Degree students will receive a transcript of their completed classes (with letter or pass/fail grades) and pay the full unit charges.
  • Course work taken as a non-degree student will be applied to degree programs only after formal and regular admission to the University and after submitting a petition to the Dean of Enrollment Management.
  • If you withdraw from all of your courses prior to the end of the add/drop period, you will be charged the withdrawal fee as stated in the Academic Catalog.
  • On-campus housing is not guaranteed for Non-Degree students


How to Apply 

Undergraduate (Seaver) Non Degree Application - widget

Step 1 Submit Application ( just like Seaver page) 


Step 2 Submit Supplemental Materials


Graduate & BSM Student Non Degree Application - widget

Seaver College Graduate Programs
Graziadio Business School
Graduate School of Education and Psychology[BROKEN LINK]
School of Public Policy
School of Law